I spent the weekend driving dog rescue transport, and it was both wonderful and exhausting. I'm a horrible morning person, and of course, I was driving early morning shifts both days.
Saturday, I got up at 5:30 to drive the 2 hours to Hancock to pick up a feral Springer Spaniel and drive him to PA. It was my first transport, so I was a little nervous.. but it went well.
Sunday, I got up at 6:00 and met the guy in a parking lot near here... which was nice. I didn't have to drive forever to get the dogs. I was clueless... and didn't know I was supposed to bring my own leash (and I do not have my dogs here), so the nice man gave me two leashes. I drove two labs, one yellow and one black. The black lab puppy curled up on the part of my backseat that wasn't put down (so they'd have more room) with the Smurf that was sent along with her as company (Sunday morning was the first time she was separated from her sister). The yellow lab, Princess, decided that riding in my lap is fun... for her. I finally got her to lay down on the front seat with her head in my lap.. but every time I stopped at a toll booth, she sat up and put her head on top of mine. I'm sure we gave the toll people lots of laughs.
It was rewarding and very exhausting.. and of course this Saturday I'm driving two separate rescue transports before doing a show that night. Someone slap me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment