My life just keeps getting more and more exciting. I'm going into my second full week alone with two dogs and two turtles. And I'm so ready for human contact again! I mean, as much as I love getting up at 6 in the morning because Caela has decided the best way to spend the rest of her sleep time is on my back (and twenty five pounds of dog on muscle relaxants is not a pleasant feeling), I long for the days of sleeping until 9. I guess I should be grateful, I'm catching up on my sixth season of Buffy-verse in syndication.
The highlight of the weekend was purchasing pretty colored composition books on sale at Target, along with calcium bones for the turtles and kongs to keep the pups busy when it rains (Te's deathly afraid of storms, and the best way to get him through it is to give him a yummy treat that also takes forever to eat).
The turtles have taken to playing Superman all 10 hours that their basking light is on. I guess they think they're going to take off flying to Pond Land where the scary person no longer talks to them... although I think they're growing fond of me. They swim to the side of the tank whenever I come near... Or maybe it's because my arrival often means that food or weird chewing treats will soon appear in the tank. Hm. Food for thought! (pun intended)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment