28 July 2006

Another Day

Yup, it's yet another beautiful day in the Villages. Now, I thought living in a retirement community for the summer would be boring, but nothing's compared to being here for the past few days. For the first time I'm here alone, which is great - I mean adjusting to being back with my parents after living away from them for two years was a little difficult and was steadily becoming even more so with my apartment move in date looming steadily closer. However, my days are now reduced to sprawling on the couch with my two dogs (Caela, an epileptic mutt we rescued, and Te, a neurotic papillon) and watching my two turtles, Felix and Oscar, float around their tank. Which was fun. For the first hour. Now it's growing steadily more tedious. It's lovely.
Anyway, the highlight of today was loading up the two pups into the golf cart (which seems to be the preferred mode of transport here) for a daily jaunt to the mailbox. Uh. Now, I'd heard that this task would be difficult, but I figured the dogs had to be going as crazy as I was, right? So I put on their seatbelts, which earned me much excitement. Then I proceeded to try to load them into the cart.. I got Te into the back basket and proceeded to fight to get him latched to the wiring. Easy. Then I hauled Caela onto the seat and attempted to hook her in. Except, she's a little... round. Okay, dogs tethered : Check. Then comes the actual ride. Bark. Bark. Bark. I earned the stares of a lot of people today.
Tomorrow's adventure: cleaning the turtle tank.

No comments: